Class E 118 Electric Locomotive
Prototype: German State Railroad Company (DRG) class E 60. Switch engine with cab windows as they originally looked in real life, without switching platforms, double-contact strip pantograph, dual DRG design headlights, and a grayish blue basic paint scheme.
Model: The locomotive is completely new tooling. The frame and locomotive body are constructed of metal. The locomotive has an mfx digital decoder, controlled high-efficiency propulsion, and extensive sound functions. It can be operated with AC power, DC power, Märklin Digital, or DCC. All of the driving axles are powered by means of a centrally mounted powerful motor. The double-arm pantograph can be raised and lowered in digital operation by means of a motor. The white headlights and red marker lights are LEDs, will work in conventional operation, and can be controlled digitally. The cab has white LED lighting. The cab doors can be opened, there are interior details, and the cab has a figure of an engineer. The locomotive has metal grab irons and many other separately applied details: signs, antenna, windshield wipers, whistle, etc. The buffer beams have sprung buffers and separately applied brake lines. The locomotive has factory-installed claw couplers that can be replaced by 2 prototype couplers included with the model. The locomotive has built-in, completely newly developed remote-controlled Telex couplers front and rear. Minimum radius for operation 1,020 mm / 40-3/16". Length over the buffers 35 cm / 13-3/4".
|Engineer’s cab lighting||·||·||·||·|
|Electric locomotive op. sounds||·||·||·||·|
|Switcher Double A Light||·||·||·|
|Sound of squealing brakes off||·||·|
|Rear Headlights off||·||·|
|Front Headlights off||·||·|
|Letting off Air||·||·|
|Sound of Relays Clicking||·||·|
|Sound of Couplers Engaging||·||·|
The DRG E 60 Electric Locomotive "Clean locomotives for switching work at electrified stations" was the DRG's slogan in the Mid-Twenties in Bavaria. It ordered two electric locomotives in 1926 especially for the extended track layouts of the Munich stations in order to be able to use this smoke-free method of operation in switching work too. The DRG stipulated the use of as many components of the newly purchased E 52 and E 91 as possible in the interests of standardized spare parts inventory. The Winterthur diagonal rod drive with a jackshaft and three coupled wheel sets came from the E 91. The drive performance was provided by a double motor that was also used on the E 52 or E 91. Originally, the locomotives had a special design pantograph with two widely spaced contact strips to better bridge separation points in the catenary. The first two units were placed into service in 1927 as E 60 01 and 02. Several small run series followed by June of 1934, the E 60 03-14, which were also used in part at other Bavarian stations. In addition to switching work, the E 60 was also planned for local freight trains and transfer work. Its characteristic design with the two hoods, the rear one being long and the front one relatively short, quickly generated its nickname "Flat Iron". After the annexation of Austria, several units went starting in 1938 to the "Annexation Area" to Innsbruck, Kufstein, and Wörgl. All of the E 60 locomotives survived the work without extensive damages and the units still in Austria came back to Bavarian as part of a locomotive swap in 1945/46. In 1957/58, the DB had the locomotives fundamentally overhauled and updated. They thus were equipped with switching platforms above the buffers, additional windows, and new wiring. By 1964 the E 60 units (from 1968 on: 160) were only running again in Bavaria. Then came Heidelberg as a new home base. The first units to be retired were in 1977 and with the storage of road number 160 012 in June of 1983 switching service with electric locomotives on the DB also ended. Road numbers 160 009, 010, and 012 remain preserved as museum locomotives.
Released in: New items brochure 2015
Our Marklin products come with the full 2 year Marklin USA and Marklin Worldwide Warranty. We are a factory authorized dealer and service center.
Copyright � 1997-2019 Ajckids.com. All rights reserved.