Heavy Ore Locomotive weathered
Prototype: Swiss Federal Railways (SBB) class Ce 6/8 II "Crocodile" freight locomotive. Design from the first production series in the version as a switch engine with one pantograph, brakeman's platforms, brakeman's steps, older design buffers, and oil cooler housing. Fir green basic paint scheme. Locomotive road number 14282. The locomotive looks as it did at the end of the Seventies.
Model: The locomotive has an mfx+ digital decoder and extensive sound functions. 2 controlled high-efficiency propulsion systems with flywheels, 1 motor for each powered truck. 3 axles and jackshaft powered in each powered truck. Traction tires. The locomotive frame is articulated to enable the locomotive to negotiate sharp curves. The triple headlights are built into the brakeman's platforms with a closed sheet metal housing. The triple headlights and 1 white marker light (Swiss headlight / marker light code) change over with the direction of travel, will work in conventional operation, and can be controlled digitally. When the locomotive is running "light" the lighting can be changed to 1 red marker light. The headlights at Locomotive Ends 2 and 1 can be turned off separately in digital operation. When the headlights are off at both ends, the double "A" lights are on at both ends. Maintenance-free warm white and red LEDs are used for the lighting. The pantograph can be raised and lowered as a separate digital function. There is a Telex coupler at each end of the locomotive and each coupler can be controlled separately in digital operation. The locomotive has highly detailed metal construction with many separately applied details. The oil cooler housing is located between the two groups of driving wheels. The locomotive body comes in 3 parts with hoods that swing out separately. The roof equipment is detailed with safety grills beneath the pantographs. A figure of a brakeman for the brakeman's platform is included.
Length over the buffers 22.3 cm / 8-3/4".
The switching Crocodile under item number 39567 is being produced in 2018 in a one-time series only for Insider members.
Prototype information: The Swiss Railways (SBB) recognized before World War I the advantages of electric railroad operation. In November of 1913 the decision was reached to electrify the Gotthard line between Erstfeld and Bellinzona. The rising cost of coal and the lack of coal during the following war years confirmed the correctness of this decision and contributed to the acceleration of electrification at the end of the war. Electrification of the Gotthard grades as well as the Gotthard tunnel was completed by December 12, 1920. The SBB had to come up with a brand new locomotive for freight trains, because there was hardly any data available for such a mountain locomotive. The builders Maschinen-Fabrik Oerlikon (MFO) and Schweizerische Lokomotiv- und Maschinenfabrik Winterthur (SLM) suggested a 2-6-6-2 locomotive with long hoods and two powered trucks. "The" Gotthard was born with this "Crocodile" as it was quickly named. Between 1919 and 1922 a total of 33 locomotives were delivered as Ce 6/8II 14251-14283 that were destined to dominate heavy freight service on the Gotthard. The two powered truck frames, each with three powered axles and a Bissel pilot truck, were connected by a close coupling. A short locomotive body was enthroned between the two powered truck frames which gave the locomotive marvelous maneuverability on curves. The locomotive body on the Ce 6/8II measured just 6,020 mm / 19 feet 9 inches with the total length of the locomotive at 19,460 mm / 63 feet 10-5/16 inches. This would be the only road engine with such a short locomotive body on the SBB. The drive system was done with two traction motors per powered truck via countershaft, jackshaft, triangular rods, and side rods to the driving axles. Between 1942 and 1947 thirteen of these units were equipped with new, more powerful traction motors at the same time that the maximum speed was raised from 65 to 75 km/h / 41 to 47 mph. The performance rose accordingly from 1,650 to 2,700 kilowatts / 2,212 to 3,619 horsepower and the modified locomotives were given the class designation Be 6/8II with the road numbers 13251-13259, 13261 and 13263-13265. The first of the original Ce 6/8II to be retired was from 1965 on. At the same time eleven units began to be converted for use at large switch yards, whereby the following changes were done: installation of switching radio, removal of one pantograph, and installation of new platform railings in front of the hoods. These "switcher crocodiles" were in service the longest and ran well into 1986. A total of seven Ce/Be 6/8II were preserved as famous and popular locomotives: SBB Historic (14253), the Swiss Transportation Museum in Lucerne (13254), the South Railroad Museum in Mürzzuschlag, Austria (13257), the Technology Museum of Speyer (14267), Club del San Gottardo (14276), and the Auto and Technology Museum in Sinsheim (14282).
|CONTROL UNIT||MOBILE STATION||MOBILE STATION 2||CENTRAL STATION 1/2||CENTRAL STATION 3/2*|
|Electric locomotive op. sounds||*||*||*||*||*|
|Telex coupler on the front||*||*||*||*|
|Whistle for switching maneuver||*||*||*||*|
|Telex coupler on the rear||*||*||*||*|
|Sound of squealing brakes off||*||*||*|
|Sound of Couplers Engaging||*||*||*|
|Letting off Air||*|
|Headlight(s): Cab2 End||*|
|Headlight(s): Cab1 End||*|
Our Marklin products come with the full 2 year Marklin USA and Marklin Worldwide Warranty. We are a factory authorized dealer and service center.
Copyright � 1997-2019 Ajckids.com. All rights reserved.